TrybzSenior full stack engineer - Feb 2022 - Jan 2024
Trybz is a startup specialising in community engagement platforms for associations. While I started there as a junior, soon after I was the only developer on the team and left to manage 10 client servers with no assistance. This unexpected pressure was a baptism by fire, but ultimately it fast-tracked my experience in all aspects of front-end, back-end and reliable server construction.
When i resigned from Trybz I was a Senior Full Stack engineer, along with 1 other senior, a junior and a QA Tester.
Trybz also did a lot of side projects primarily for 'Think Wink' who specialise in reward and cashback programs.
I was responsible for 2 of these projects: RACQ Benefits and Sydney Bridge Climb Cashback Validator.
The Trybz platform is very feature heavy with a Laravel backend and Vue.js Frontend.
Some key features of the platform include:
- -Most features found in social media platforms including Groups, suppliers, purchases, friends system, plans, and a lot more.
- -Dynamic user unique email marketing with behavioral triggers.
- -SSO integrations
- -API integrations with Stripe, Mail Chimp, Talent LMS
- -AWS EC2 hosting, S3 Storage, CloudFront, SES, CodeDeploy / Code Pipeline.
As a Senior on this team I was usually responsible for the more complicated features, integrations and higher level tickets.
Freelance - Cocktails NightclubWeb Developer - 2018 - Present
Cocktails Nightclub is a nightclub based in Surfers Paradise which I used to work at a long time ago as a photographer.
Since then I have been their contact for any website or tech related issues.
I have recently migrated them from WordPress to NextJS / Vercel and have seen massive performance gains.
They are happy to allow me to implement the latest technologies and I have been able to use this site as a production platform for new ideas.
Their site connects to an external API which I created 'Venue Connect' (see below) to manage their photos and events.
Freelance - Venue ConnectWeb Developer - 2020 - Present
Venue Connect is an API based platform I created in Next.js which primarily manages photos and events for venues.
There are a few sub systems which also fall under the same name, they include:
- -Real time photos displayed on the in venue TVs (LAN based Laravel application)
- -Photographer mobile app which reads and uploads photos from an SD card and also has NFC and QR scanning capabilities (Android)
- -In venue advertisement management system which controls the in venue advertising displays (LAN based Laravel )
Freelance - Perisher Ski ResortPhotographer / Developer - 2017 - 2018
Whilst working at Perisher Ski Resort as a photographer created a hardware based solution to link NFC ski passes to customer photos.
There was an existing system in place which was very unreliable and we would regularly be losing photos and receive complaints from guests.
I had experience in programming and building with Raspberry Pis so I pitched it to the IT team with a proof of concept and they agreed to pay me to construct a solution which was then successfully and reliably used for the remainder of the season.
Panedia360 & VR Content Creator - 2015 - 2017
Panedia is a small company which specialises in 360 and VR content.
My primary responsibilities included:
Shooting 360 content
We shot content on multiple rigs including multi GoPro rigs, 360 action cams to custom built multi DSLR rigs.
Advanced Stitching of 360 content
I started stitching before todays fancy optical flow software was available and had to learn how to stitch manually using PTGui, Aftereffects and Photoshop.
I used photoshop to do complex object removals and clone work.
Colour correction and editing
We primarily used Premiere Pro for editing and colour correction in addition to Neat Video for denoiseing and various other 360 manipulation tools.
We frequently included voiceover's, music, graphics.
VR and 360 video exports
We exported our videos for both VR use and for 360 player like YouTube and Facebook.
For VR we used a custom built player which was built in Unity.
Some of the projects I worked on include:
- Monaco Tourism - our team was flown to Monaco to complete this video project,
- Tourism Australia - 360 videos for Tourism Australia
- Qantas - VR training for ground crew
- Google Underwater Earth - 360 videos for Google
- Virtual Cruise - Cruise About, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, P&O, Princess Cruises - We produced a series of 'Virtual Cruise' VR videos for use in their stores.
- Need for Speed - A promotional 360 video for their new game release
- Spices Retreats - a promotional 360 video for their resort
- Real estate virtual tours - We regularly produced virtual tours for a range of clients.
- Google's Underwater Earth - We were responsible for editing 10K 360 photos per month for google and Catlin Seaview Survey's mapping of reefs across the world.
- & More
Bachelor of Game Development ProgrammingSAE Institute Sydney - 2016 - 2021
Bachelor of Game Programming completed in 2021 - GPA 6.52 of 7
This course was very programming heavy. It covered all aspects of software development including planning, design, documentation, optimisation and testing.
The process of game design is very similar to building large scale web applications. The course was split into designers and programmers, I was a programmer and worked with multiple designers to complete each project.
- -Critical Thinking in Creative Media
- -Introduction to Scripting
- -Principles of Game Design
- -Rational Problem Solving
- -Overview of Industry
- -Scripting for Game Developers
- -Production 1 (Game Development)
- -Programming 1
- -Media Studies
- -Programming Studio 1
- -Cultural Perspectives
- -Programming Studio 2
- -Major Project Development
- -Programming Studio 3
- -Major Project Production
- -Maya 3D Animation
- -Work Experience
Bachelor of Intelligent Digital TechnologiesGriffith University Gold Coast - 2018 - 2019
Bachelor of Intelligent Digital Technologies
Partially completed in 2019 - GPA 5.9 of 7
I partially completed my Bachelor of Intelligent Digital Technologies at Griffith University.
This course was very similar to my Bachelor of Game Development Programming, however it was more focused on web development and emerging technologies.
- -Emerging Technologies
- -Creative Engineering
- -Introduction to Robotics
- -Programming Principles (Python)
- -Human Computer Interaction
- -Web Application Development